Sopapilla Mexican Cheesecake Recipe
Ingredients for the cheesecake:
16 oz. fat free cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 8 oz. cans of crescent rolls (refrigerated, unperforated if you can find them)
Ingredients for the topping:
1 stick of butter, softened (equal to 1/2 cup or 8 tbsp.)
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1. Preheat oven on 350 degrees
2. Spread out the first crescent roll on a greased 9×13 pan
3. Mix cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, and vanilla, then spread it on top of the first crescent roll, all the way to the edges
4. Carefully unroll the second crescent roll over the top of the filling
5. Mix together butter, 3/4 cup sugar, and cinnamon. Spread it over the top crescent layer but don’t oversaturate.
6. Bake for 30-35 mins. or until crust is golden brown.
7. Drizzle honey over the top and allow to cool, then cut into squares.
The recipe serves 12, but for larger groups, we cut it into 24 smaller squares.
– See more at: http://www.nathanexposed.com/2011/08/sopapilla-mexican-cheesecake-recipe#sthash.QdGRAQY7.dpuf