Molasses Crinkles Cookie Recipe
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 5 tbs. canola oil
- 7 tbs. molasses
- 1 large egg
- dash of cinnamon
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- granulated sugar, for rolling cookies in
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a stand mixer, mix together on medium speed, the sugar, oil, molasses and spices for about 5 minutes. You shouldn’t have to scrape the bowl too much, but do as necessary.
- Add in egg and mix on medium speed for another 2 minutes.
- Add in flour and baking soda, and mix on medium speed to incorporate all the flour. I added more flour (it was originally 1 1/4 cup but I found it was too sticky to roll into balls. You can add more flour if needed)
- Roll the dough into about 1″ balls, and drop into sugar. Flatten slightly, or leave as a ball it will flatten, on the cookie sheet.
- Put into oven for 10 minutes
- Cool on the cookie sheet for 3 minutes before removing to rack to cool completely.