Kale Basil Pesto Recipe
- 1/2 cup Kale, cleaned and chopped
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2-3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Boil a medium sized pot of water with a pinch of salt.
- Prepare a bowl of cold ice water.
- Add kale to boiling water and cook for 2 minutes.
- Strain and immediately immerse kale into ice water to stop cooking and strain.
- Using a food processor, chop garlic.
- Add walnuts, kale, basil salt and parmesan cheese.
- Slowly add olive oil while the machine is running.
- Store in an airtight container in your refrigerator for up to 3 days, but can be frozen for up to 2 months.