Cheddar & Bacon Loaf Recipe
- 116 ounce loaf baguette-style French bread
- 1/28 ounce package shredded sharp cheddar cheese (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup cooked bacon pieces
- 2 medium green onions, sliced (1/4 cup)
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Use a serrated knife to cut bread crosswise into 1-inch slices, cutting to but not through the bottom crust.
2.In a small bowl, stir together cheese, butter, bacon, green onions, mustard, and lemon juice. Spread mixture between slices of bread. Wrap loaf in foil.
3.Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until bread is heated through and cheese is melted.