Roasted Lemon Garlic Shrimp Scampi
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested then half cut into thin slices and other half into wedges
- 3-4 fresh thyme sprigs, leaves removed
- sea or kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- spaghetti/pasta, couscous or rice for serving
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound fresh shrimp, medium-sized, deveined with tails off
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In an 8×8 glass baking pan combine olive oil, lemon zest and thyme. Olive oil should liberally cover the bottom of the pan, if it doesn’t drizzle in a little more. Season with salt and pepper. Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes, checking every few minutes, if it looks like it is getting too brown remove and proceed to next step. Meanwhile cook pasta, drain and toss with a pat of butter or olive oil.
- Remove pan from oven, add butter and move it around a little to melt, add shrimp, garlic and the thin sliced lemons (don’t squeeze them), toss to coat with oil mixture. Bake for 8-10 more minutes or until shrimp turn pink and just start to curl, check often. Serve over pasta, couscous or rice tossed with additional extra-virgin olive oil and fresh-squeezed lemon with additional lemon wedges for serving.