Pesto Stuffed Roast Tomatoes
- 6 tomatoes, cut in half diagonally (or a bunch of cherry tomatoes)
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- 2 cloves of garlic
- A small handful of pine nuts
- A large handful of freshly grated parmesan
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Hollow out a small bit from each tomato, just enough to create a little room for the pesto.
- On a cutting board chop garlic and basil together for 1 minute. Add a little oil and the pine nuts and continue to chop for 1 more minute. Add parmesan cheese, a dash of salt and a little more oil and chop till mixed well.
- Divide pesto evenly among each tomato half.
- Cook tomatoes in an oven proof pan for 10-15 minutes, or until they are soft.
Can be made with store bought pesto. Just add the parmesan cheese and continue to step 3.