Crockpot recipes are some of my absolute favorite. Just put all the ingredients in the crockpot in the morning and then have a nice, warm, delicious meal when you and your family get home at the end of the day!
I stumbled across this great recipe the other day, everyone in my house loved it and I think you will too!
- 1/4 pound bacon, diced – I bake it first in the oven so that it is “done” and browned then I dice it and place in the crock pot.
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 4 medium potatoes, thinly sliced (or if you use a new potato then halve)
- 1/2 pound cheddar cheese, thinly sliced (shredded is fine)
- salt and pepper
- Green Onions (optional)
- Line crockpot with foil, leaving enough to cover the potatoes when finished – this will help to not stick and to steam the potatoes.
- Layer half each of the bacon, onions, potatoes and cheese in crockpot. Season to taste with salt and pepper and dot with (real) butter.
- Repeat layers of bacon, onions, potatoes and cheese. Dot with butter.
- Cover with remaining foil.
- Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours.