Chocolate Chip Cookie and Caramel-Peanut Butter Bars
Original Nestle Tollhouse Chocolate Chip Cookies:
2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
¾ cup granulated sugar
¾ cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
Caramel-Peanut Butter inspired by The Pioneer Woman:
½ cup Evaporated Milk
60 whole caramels, Unwrapped
½ cup peanut butter, melted
1/3 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 375° F and grease 9 x 13-inch jelly-roll pan.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts.
- Spread half of cookie dough into prepared pan and bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove pan from oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a double boiler (or a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of boiling water) melt caramels with ½ cup evaporated milk.
- When melted and combined, add ½ cup melted peanut butter and pour over cookie base. Sprinkle chocolate chips as evenly as you can over the caramel.
- Turn out remaining cookie dough on work surface. Use your hands to press it into a large square a little smaller than the pan. Use a spatula to remove it from the surface, then set it on top of the caramel and chocolate chips.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and edges are set. Cool in pan on wire rack. Makes 4 dozen bars.