- 3 ounces cream cheese add 4 ounces if you want more cream cheese flavor, softened
- 8 tablespoons butter salted, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup + 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 10-12 Oreo cookies crushed, some larger bits too
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Optional: Food coloring for the holidays
In a large bowl beat cream cheese, then beat in butter.
Add sugar and mix until light and fluffy. Add in vanilla and mix.
Add a couple drops of a holiday food coloring for a festive touch
Add flour gradually and mix until well combined.
Fold in Oreos, then cover bowl and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 375 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Scoop out two tablespoons and roll into a 2 inch ball.
Place them on your cookie sheet and press down lightly.
Bake for 9-11 minutes – the edges will start to brown but the cookie will be soft. That’s what you want.
Remove from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes, then carefully transfer to a cooling rack to finish cooling. Delish!!