- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 2 cups dried bread crumbs, preferably Panko
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 4 tbsp oil
- If the chicken breasts are thicker than 1 inch, either pound them to a 1-inch thickness or slice them into 2 thin layers.
- Crack the eggs in a bowl and whisk with a fork.
- Put the bread crumbs on a large plate.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Dip each chicken breast in eggs first on both sides, then dip in breadcrumbs on both sides, pressing into the bread crumbs so they stick better.
- Put breaded chicken breasts on a frying pan, making sure they are not touching. Sprinkle the chicken with ⅓ tsp salt and ⅛ tsp pepper.
- Cook for 4 minutes, then carefully flip the chicken with a spatula. Sprinkle with remaining ⅓ tsp salt and ⅛ tsp pepper.
- Cook the chicken for another 4 minutes, or until cooked through (uniformly white in the middle).