- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Preheat grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Brush chicken with oil and season with salt and pepper. Place chicken in the pan and cook until no longer pink, about 5-8 minutes. Using about 1/4 cup of barbecue sauce, brush each side of chicken with sauce while the other side cooks.
- Transfer cooked chicken to bowl (or baking dish) and shred using forks. Add beans, corn, bell pepper and remaining bbq sauce and stir to combine. Transfer to prepared baking dish (if mixed in bowl)
- In a separate bowl, mix together the baking mix, milk and egg and 1 cup of cheese. Spoon cornbread mixture evenly over the chicken and beans mixture.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes., until cornbread is golden brown on top. You’ll know the dish is ready when the mixture is bubbly and the cornbread is baked through.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle top with remaining cheese while hot from the oven, so cheese melts into the top of the cornbread.