- 1 1/2 lbs chicken thighs (boneless and skinless) or chicken breast (boneless and skinless) cut into pieces.
- Salt and Pepper
- ½ cup sour cream or plain greek style yogurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp Garam Masala
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 Tbs ginger paste
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1 cup pureed tomatoes
- 1 Tbs white granulated sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Cut chicken into pieces, and season with a little salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the sour cream or plain yogurt with the lemon juice, tumeric, garam masala, chili powder, cumin, ginger paste, minced garlic, and toss with chunked up chicken.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour. Preferably longer.
- Heat the vegetable oil over high heat in a large fry pan. I used my Anolon Frying Pan which I love. It heats evenly, is metal utensil safe, and can even go into the oven up to 400 degrees.
- Add the chicken coated in the Marinade and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the pureed tomato, sugar and salt.
- Turn down to low and cover with lid. Let simmer for 20 minutes if using chicken thighs, 15 minutes if using chicken breasts.
- Add the cream, and stir well.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves.
- Serve over rice and enjoy!