- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast cooked and chopped
- 2 inch large or 3 small zucchini squash spiral cut in noodle shapes
- 1 medium stalk celery chopped finely
- 2 tbsp red bell pepper chopped *optional
- 1 1/2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup organic sour cream or can use 1/2 cup mayonnaise for paleo
- 1 tbsp butter or ghee
- 1 ½ tbsp to 2 red pepper sauce or to taste I used Frank’s original red pepper sauce
- 3 tbsp unsweetened canned pumpkin puree or butternut squash puree found in the baby food section
- ½ tsp ground mustard spice
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese grated, omit for paleo option.
Preheat oven to 400 F, and grease or oil a 9X6X2 inch casserole dish.
In a medium saucepan over medium heat combine: 1 tbsp butter or ghee, ½ cup sour cream or mayo, 2 tbsp red pepper sauce, 3 tbsp pumpkin puree, ½ tsp ground mustard spice, ¼ tsp garlic powder, and Parmesan cheese. Melt all ingredients and mix together until combined. Turn heat off.
Place zucchini noodles in a bowl and press down on noodles with a paper towel to remove excess water from noodles.
Spread zucchini noodles over bottom of casserole dish.
Place chopped cooked chicken and chopped celery on top of zucchini noodles.
Pour or spoon the creamy buffalo sauce from the stove top, over the chicken and celery.
Sprinkle optional chopped red bell pepper over the top of casserole.
Bake at 400 F for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, and sprinkle with optional grated cheese.
Let cool until sauce has thickened again and cheese has melted.
Serve and enjoy.
Nutrition FactsCreamy Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Noodle Bake
Amount Per Serving (1 g)
Calories 325Calories from Fat 121
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13.4g21%
Total Carbohydrates 6g2%
Dietary Fiber 1.8g7%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.