We’re a family of three, but sometimes we just need to make something for dinner that’s going to last a couple days. It certainly cuts down the crazy on busy weeks, and that hour or two it takes to make the large meal, saves a lot of dinner-time prep in the long run.
Roasted Veggie and Chicken White Lasagna
10-12 servings (9×13 full)
3 small zucchini, cubed into 1/4 inch pieces
3 small yellow squash, cubed into 1/4 inch pieces
4 medium carrots, cubed into 1/4 inch pieces
6 cloves garlic, minced
bag of spinach (about 6-8 cups)
kosher salt & pepper
1/2 C unsalted butter
1/2 C flour
4 C skim milk
1/2 t garlic powder
1/2 t nutmeg
3 t chicken bouillon (just the powder)
lasagna noodles (whole grain would be lovely here if you can find it)
1 C parmesan
1 C mozzarella
2 C shredded rotisserie chicken
1. Preheat panggangan to 450 degrees. Line cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Place chopped veggies (zucchini, squash, carrot, garlic) on prepared pan. Drizzle with EVOO, toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Roast 15 minutes until tender. Remove from panggangan and set aside to cool until assembly.
2. Cook noodles according to directions on package to al dente. Drain, rinse, set aside for assembly.
3. While veggies are cooling, and noodles are boiling, prepare sauce. Melt butter in a large pan over medium until completely melted. Whisk in flour until paste forms, let cook for 20-30 seconds, then slowly whisk in milk a little at a time. Add seasonings (salt & pepper to taste, nutmeg, and garlic powder). Continue to cook until sauce thickens. Remove from heat.
4. To assemble: in a 9×13 pan, layer a bit of sauce, 3 large lasagna noodles, more sauce, some spinach leaves, some veggies, some chicken, and some cheese. Repeat starting with the noodle layer until all ingredients are finished (about 4 layers). Use up everything you can, and especially that heavenly sauce.
5. Cover with foil, turn over down to 375, and bake for 30-40 minutes. Remove foil, and broil for 5 minutes until bubbly. Let rest for 10 minutes, then serve.
recipe adapted from: oh so delicioso Sumber https://bakingwithblondie.blogspot.com