|Lamb Meatball Gyros With Yogurt and Mint|
Photo by flower7
Prep Time: 25 mins
Total Time: 50 mins
“This is a recipe from the Jan 2008 Real Simple Magazine. So enak looking,. Make sure you use a thick greek yogurt, it makes all the difference. If for some reason you are put off by it or can’t find it, sour cream will substitute fine (but sour cream makes me go :/ )”
1 lb ground lamb
1/4 cup golden raisin, chopped
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
kosher salt and pepper
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1 large egg, beaten
1 bunch scallion, sliced ( white and light green parts)
4 pieces flat bread
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons of fresh mint
- Place an panggangan rack in the second-highest position and heat broiler.
- Combine the lamb, raisins, cinnamon, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, the bread crumbs, egg, and three-quarters of the scallions in a large bowl.
- Shape the mixture into golf ball?size meatballs and place on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Broil, turning once, until cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes total.
- Divide the flat bread among individual plates and top with the meatballs, yogurt, mint, and the remaining scallions.