Kibbeh battata is one of the famous traditional Lebanese appetizer. We use mozzarella and spinach for the filling instead of the usual meat & onions. Reduce the wastage significantly by using Knorr Mashed Potato. An absolute essential for Ramadan
Knorr Mashed Potato (1x2kg)
All Purpose Flour
Onion, finely chopped
Knorr Beef Stock Powder (6x1100g)
Mince Lamb Meat 400 g
Olive Oil 50 g
Spring Onion 100 g
Spinach, blanched and mixed 200 g
Mozzarella cheese grated 100 g
Knorr Mise en Place Basil Pesto 40 g
Black Pepper for taste 5 g
Nutmeg powder 3 g
- In a sauce pan boil water, once water boils remove from the heat and add Knorr Mashed Potato to make potato puree
- In a bowl combine bourghul and potato puree, add onion and knead mixture until just starts to stick together, add flour Knorr Beef Stock Powder, spices and dry mint, continue knead by hands until homogenous malleable paste is achieved. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Have already a bowl of iced water to wet hands. Divide kibbeh dough and stuffed by filling equally then roll into balls, try to sharp sides. Refrigerate until ready to use or freeze for future use.
- In a deep fryer at 180◦C, fry the shells are evenly golden brown color and crispy. Alternatively brush the shells with olive oil and bake in a pre-heat panggangan 190◦C for 20 minutes.
- In a fry pan over medium heat add olive oil, and sauté chopped onion until translucent, add minced meat and sauté for 10 minute or until meat becomes dry, add spring onion and spinach kuman pesto and sauté until blended
- Add 7 spices and Knorr Beef Stock Powder, set aside to cool, once cooled add mozzarella.