|Halawet El Jibn – Stuffed Sweet Cheese Dessert|
Halawet El Jibn is a Lebanese dessert ” made out of cheese dough stuffed with fresh cream. Easy to follow recipe from al alali!
Preparation Time: 30 minutes approximately
Cooking Time: 20 minutes approximately
Serves: 8 -10 persons
All you need
1 cup akkawi cheese
1 cup braided cheese
1 cup water
1/2 cup al alali Icing Sugar
1 cup semolina
1/4 cup cold water
1 kg fresh cream readymade
ground pistachios for garnish
alali Arabic Dessert Syrup Orange Blossom Flavor
- Cut akkawi cheese and braided cheese, soak in cold water to remove the salt completely, drain and set aside
- In hot pot, mix al alali Icing Sugar, semolina with water, mix well using a wooden spoon.
- Add the cheese pieces to the mixture, add rose water. Stir until cheese melts and the mixture becomes sticky dough.
- Brush 2 nylon sheets with water. Place one of them on a flat surface, spread the dough over it and cover with the other nylon sheet. Then use a rolling pin to spread the dough until relatively thin
- Remove the nylon sheets from both sides of the dough, and cut it into 10 x 8 cm strips. Then fill each strip with 1 tbsp. of cream on the bottom part and close the edges around it then roll the strip up. Repeat process for all the dough strips
- Arrange the filled rolls in a serving dish and decorate with ground pistachio and serve with alali Arabic Dessert Syrup Orange Blossom
- Serve and enjoy!