I have to admit that this recipe is not from my own invention; yet it is happily by my husband and children. They surprised me with it on my birthday. And from this day this recipe has a special memory in my heart. For this reason, I am sharing my family’s recipe & my present with you all. Adopted from Kiri.
Cooking Time 35 minutes
Preparation Time 25 minutes
6 kiri squares
2 tablespoons of oil or butter
2 medium sized onions smoothly minced
300gm of minced meat
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 boiled eggs “minced”
¼ cup of minced fresh parsley
10 layers of ready-made samboosa dough
½ cup of melted butter
- Heat the butter in a large pan.
- Add the onions and mix for 4 minutes until golden
- Add the meat and mix until it turns brownish-gold
- Add the salt and black pepper, and let the mixture cook for 3 minutes
- Add the kiri squares while stirring consistently and remove the pan from the heat
- In a bowl, mix the eggs with the parsley and the meat mixture
- Coat a 30×35 tray with butter and place the layered dough on the tray and then coat with butter.
- Repeat the previous step with 4 layers and then pour the meat mixture on top
- Cover the meat with another layer of dough coated with butter. Repeat this step 4 times.
- Coat the top with the melted butter and then place the tray in the panggangan heated to 185 degrees celsius, Let it cook for 25 to 30 minutes until golden.