|Freekeh with Peas & Mushrooms|
Introduce to your family this freekeh recipe and let them enjoy a healthy dish full of proteins, vitamins and minerals. It is very famous in Jordan, Palestine and Syria, so don’t miss it!
Preparation Time: 1 hour & 15 minutes approximately
Cooking Time: 30 minutes approximately
Serves: 10 persons
All you need
1 cup boiled chickpeas
1 can al alali Garden Peas
1/2 Kg small onions
3 cups freekeh washed, soaked and drained
1 can al alali Pieces & Stems Mushrooms drained
4 tbsps. extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp. al alali Ground Cinnamon
1 tsp. al alali Ground White Pepper
1 tsp. al alali Paprika
1 tbsp. turmeric
1/2 cup peeled almonds
1 tsp. salt
6 cups hot water
- In a deep pot and on medium heat, heat small amount of oil, fry the almonds, pine seeds. Set aside, add spices stirring for one minute, add onions, and stir until brown color.
- Add freekeh, mix with onions for few minutes, add al alali Garden Peas, boiled chickpeas and al alali Pieces & Stems Mushrooms stirring continuously for few minutes.
- Add hot water until freekeh is covered. Cover and simmer until cooked.
- Pour the freekeh in a serving plate, garnish with nuts.
- Serve with green salad and enjoy!