|Photo: Date Rolls Recipe|
The kitchen (The Home of Delicious Arabic Food Recipes) invites you to try Date Rolls Recipe. Enjoy the good taste of Arabic Food and learn how to make Date Rolls.
For : 8 Persons
Duration : 15 Min
1 Cup Warm Milk
2/1 Teaspoon Crushed Saffron
4/3 2 Cups Flour
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Tablespoon Sugar
1 Tablespoon Yeast
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
2 Tablespoons Powder Milk
4/1 Cup Vegetable Oil
50 Large Whole Pitted Dates
1 Tablespoon Ground Cardamom
1 Large Egg Yolk
Presentation Sugar Syrup
1. Soak saffron in warm milk for few minutes.
2. In a standing mixer bowl, place 2 ½ cups of the flour. Add the salt, sugar, yeast, baking powder and milk. Fit the hook beater. Beat on low speed for a few seconds. Add the oil and milk. Beat on medium speed until dough forms. Add the rest of the flour until the dough is elastic and smooth. Beat on low speed for 5 minutes.
3. Form the dough into a ball. Place the dough in slightly oiled bowl and cover with cling film. Put the dough in warm place for 50 minutes or until doubled in size.
4. Get a medium panggangan dish.
5. On a lightly floured surface. Roll the dough into 5 mm thick square. Cut the dough into 50 equal squares. Place one date on each square. Sprinkle the cardamom. Roll the dough over the dates to form small rolls. Put the rolls in the dish ¼ inch apart. Cover the dish with a cling film and put in the fridge for 2-3 hours. Take the rolls out of the fridge 10 minutes before baking.
6. Egg wash: in a small bowl mix the egg yolk with few drops of vanilla extract. Brush the rolls with the egg wash. Sprinkle the sesame and black seeds.
7. Fit the middle rack in the oven. Preheat panggangan to 350 degrees.
8. Bake the Date Rolls for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
9. Remove the Date Rolls from the panggangan and drizzle with sugar syrup as desired. Serve warm or cold.
Save and share Date Rolls Recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.