|Photo: Date Fingers Recipe|
3 Cups Flour
1 Tablespoon Instant Yeast
1 Tablespoon Sugar
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 Cup Corn Oil
3/4 Cup Warm Water
500 Gram Date Paste
1 Tablespoon Butter Or Ghee
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1 Large Egg
1/4 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1/4 Cup Roasted Sesame
1/4 Cup Sliced Almonds
1. In a stand mixing bowl, put 2 ½ cups of the flour. Add the yeast, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, oil and water. Fit the dough hook. Beat on slow speed until dough forms. Add the rest of the flour if the dough is too soft. Beat on low speed for 5 minutes.
2. Shape the dough into a ball. Put in slightly oiled bowl. Cover the dough with a cling film. Put in a warm place until dough doubled in size.
3. The filling: mix the date, butter and cinnamon until well mixed. Shape into 20 inches rods.
4. To form the fingers: on a slightly floured surface, roll the dough into 20 inches square. Place one date rod near the edge of the dough. Roll the dough once or twice to cover the date rod. Using a pizza cutter, cut near the dough rod. Roll the rod with your palms to smooth. Using the pizza cutter or a knife cut the filled rod into 2 inches fingers.
5. Place the date fingers in cookie sheet leaving 1 inch between them. Put in a warm place for 10-15 minutes.
6. The topping: mix the egg and vanilla extract. Brush the fingers with the egg wash. Sprinkle the sesame and almonds.
7. Fit the middle rack in the oven. Preheat panggangan to 350 degrees. Bake date fingers for 10 -12 minutes until golden brown
Save and share Date Fingers Recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.