Preparation time 30 mn
Cooking time 5 mn
For the flat bread dough
2 cups all-purpose-flour
2 tsp dried yeast
½ tsp salt
1½ cup warm water
For the filling
3/4 cup zaatar mix (pre-mixed dried thyme with sumac and sesame seeds)
1 cup Al Wadi Al Akhdar extra virgin olive oil
- To make the filling, mix zaatar and olive oil and set aside.
- To make the dough, sift the flour, yeast, sugar and salt in the bowl of an electrical robot and mix for 10-12mn on a low speed adding water gradually until the dough comes together leaving the sides of the bowl clean. It should feel smooth and elastic. Cover with cling film and leave it in a warm place for about 2 hours, till it has doubled the size.
- Pre-heat the panggangan to gas mark 7/220°C /425F/.
- Divide dough into 8 portions and roll each portion between your palms like a ball shape.
- On a floured working surface, knead each ball flat using a rolling pin until even and about ¼ inch thick.
- Spoon the zaatar mixture over the disk-shaped bread.
- Slide your bread on a lightly greased baking sheet and cook for about 5mn or until the dough is crispy and brown. Serve warm.
Source Recipe: https://arabic-food.blogspot.com